History


Clyde Hall was the home of Alexander Caldwell, an enterprising businessman whose grist mills, lumber mills, woolen mills, grocery stores and potash mines were located throughout Lanark County and stretched from Quebec to Manitoba. In 1870’s. This stone building, commonly called the Caldwell mansion is nothing short of an architectural treasure to the community and a tribute to its history. The building is located at lot 1 concession 2 in the village of Lanark and was a beautiful neoclassical home and is designated as an historic building by LACAC.

Over thirty years of abandonment, vandalism and finally arson had taken an enormous toll on the house. However, due to the outstanding original stone masonry, all the walls and basement were judged to be structurally sound. That firm foundation was the starting point for the restoration.

Completed in January 2003, the three-story building’s exterior is 100% authentic and 90% of the interior, with the original footprint respected. While the look of the place is vintage, there are all of the modern conveniences including central air, big screen TV (satellite), whirlpool baths, walk in shower, queen size beds, solarium, drawing room and library.

© Copyright Clyde Hall B&B - Site by bmgstudio.com based on design by Pexeto